Paypal is one of the payment processors that integrates nicely. Paypal has an advantage over other payment processors in that most people own a Paypal account and many people like to complete transactions using Paypal. It's secure and you don't need to pull out your credit card; you can simply log in and pay.
In Chabad Suite
- Go to Administer > System Settings > Payment Processors and click "Add Payment Processor"
- From the "Payment Processor Type" drop-down menu, select "PayPal Website Payments Standard"
- In the Name field, enter the word "PayPal"
- Select a financial account (If you are not using Chabad Suite in your Bookkeeping workflow, any account will work)
- In the "Processor Details for Live Payments" section, under the "Merchant Account Email" field, enter your Paypal email address
- Click Save
- Take note of the ID# shown at the front of the row next to your payment processor as you will need it later on (Note: the ID will always be an odd number)
- After completing this step email email@example.com and ask them to review your PayPal set up as there may be an additional step needed
- Note: Do not touch anything under the "Processor Details for Test Payments" section
- Click on the "Settings Icon"⚙️ and select Account Settings
- In the search bar, search for 'instant payment notifications'
- Click "Update" next to "Instant Payment Notifications"
- Enable IPN Messages
- Enter the URL in the "Notification URL" field: https://YOURCHABADSUITE.COM/civicrm/payment/ipn/ 2
- YOURCHABADSUITE.COM needs to be replaced by the URL you use to access your Chabad Suite account
- the 2 needs to be replaced with the ID# that you will see next to your payment processor in the CRM
- NOTE: If you fail to do this, one-time contributions will succeed normally, and recurring contributions will be processed successfully by PayPal, but the contribution status in the CRM will be stuck at Pending.
In the CRM